After my first attempt at animal print being very successful and my second being somewhat not (in my eyes), I was nervous about trying it out again. I was positive that I couldn’t do any better than that first try. On the other hand, I was pretty sure I couldn’t do worse than that second one. That nervousness prompted me to try something a little different for this challenge, though, which might be a good thing. Branching out and trying new things (almost) never hurt anyone. Sooo…I added zebra stripes!
I kept the color scheme much simpler this time, but the use of neon is also usually a good, fun choice for animal print. I used Kleancolor Beach Blue and FingerPaints 15 Minutes of Frame for the spots and stripes, with a background white of FingerPaints Paper Mache. Kleancolor Black finished off the spots.
I wasn’t too sure about these zebra stripes as I was painting them, but they look pretty good after they were done. And combined with the leopard spots, I think I made a pretty cool animal print mani. I like it. It is much better than that leopard print nail art that I did for the jelly challenge. I think my leopard spots themselves are improving too.
Next challenge sort of relates to this one. Feathers. Yet despite the similar theme, I found myself dreading a feather challenge.